The celebration of Advent begins Sunday, Nov. 29. The purpose of this season of the church year is to look toward the coming of Christ to earth — a season focused on waiting. It is a time of preparing for the glory of Christmas day. Here are a few resources to help you with your celebration of Advent. Some will help you in your worship planning; others will help you in your church and family devotionals.
Songs for worship
- Top 25 Contemporary Hymns for Christmas from LifeWayWorship.com (from a few years back)
- Top 25 Traditional Hymns for Christmas from LifeWayWorship.com (from a few years back)
- Top 15 Christmas Songs for Churches
- All Christmas Music from LifeWayWorship.com
- Top Christmas Songs of All Time from PraiseCharts.com
- PraiseCarols 1 and PraiseCarols 2 from PraiseCharts.com
- Christmas Carols for Acoustic Worship
- Great Congregational Christmas Arrangements from HymnCharts.com
- Top Christmas Worship Songs 2020 from EssentialWorship
- NC Baptist Family Advent Devotional Guide
- Billy Graham’s Advent Devotional (free ebook)
- The Dawning of Indestructible Joy. Daily Readings for Advent (free ebook by John Piper)
- Good News of Great Joy: Daily Readings for Advent (free ebook by John Piper)
- A Countdown to Christmas (family devotional from Focus on the Family)
- Making Meaningful Christmas Memories (Focus on the Family has several pages to help with family celebrations)
- CRU Advent Devotional Online
- LifeWay online weekly devotionals
- YouVersion app Advent Reading Plans
Also check out the numerous resources at Resources4Worship.org and search for drama, video, readings, etc. to help in service planning.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article originally appeared on RenewingWorshipNC.org.
Stay connected by signing up for the N.C. Baptist monthly newsletter.