God is doing an incredible work in North Carolina through our SendNC partnership. In 2022, 52 churches joined our movement of churches. With your prayers and support, we hope to see that number continue to grow.
Did you know that since 2010, nearly 10% of North American SBC church plants have been from North Carolina?
N.C. Baptist churches’ contributions to the North Carolina Missions Offering (NCMO) have been a significant accelerator in making this possible.
SendNC exists to partner with sending churches and their planters so that they might thrive and reach the unreached in North Carolina and beyond. God is doing an incredible work in North Carolina through our SendNC partnership. In 2022, 52 churches joined our movement of churches. With your prayers and support, we hope to see that number continue to grow.
The NCMO is vital to SendNC’s church planting efforts, providing about one-third of SendNC’s annual budget. Reaching the goal of $2.5 million would provide $710,000 to plant churches in cities and towns across the state.
We cannot do this without your gifts and — more importantly — your prayers.
With September being the primary emphasis month of the North Carolina Missions Offering, consider joining us for the NCMO Week of Prayer on Aug. 27-Sept. 3. When you visit ncmissionsoffering.org/pray, you and your church can provide the foundational resource that fuels the NCMO: your prayers.
As you pray and consider other ways to support church planting efforts, here are specific ways you can pray for church planting during this season.
Pray for …
- Church-planting churches: Pray that God would raise up churches who lay their “yes” on the table and send planters into the harvest.
- Church planters: Pray for God’s wisdom and blessing on church planters across North Carolina. Ask Him to raise up more planters.
- The harvest: Pray for those whom God is drawing to Himself, and ask Him to use our SendNC plants across the state to reach the lost in their cities and towns.
- Hispanic church planting: Hispanics are the fastest growing population in North Carolina, growing by 40% since 2010. Pray for Spanish-speaking churches to multiply across our state and to lead them to become multiplying churches. Also pray for the next generation to grow in their desire for Jesus.
- Church planting strategists: Ask God to guide N.C. Baptist church planting strategists who help recruit, train and encourage sending churches and the planters they are preparing across our state.
- Associational church planting: Pray for our associational mission strategists across the state as they help the churches in their associations to partner together to support, send and multiply planters within their association. Ask God to create Spirit-led partnerships that will impact lostness.
- Revival: Pray that God would pour out His Spirit across the state. Ask that revival would impact our plants, sweep across their towns and reach every crossroad, hilltop, valley and shore in North Carolina.
- Church planting among internationals: Pray that God would raise up more laborers to engage international communities within North Carolina.
Thank you, N.C. Baptists, for your generosity. Visit ncmissionsoffering.org to learn more about missions giving and make a contribution today.
by Mike Pittman, SendNC Director