As part of a new partnership with the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), churches cooperating with the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina (BSCNC) can benefit from a variety of resources and services at a reduced cost when they join the ADF Church Alliance.
The ADF is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the rights of people to freely live out their faith. ADF gives special emphasis to advocating for churches in the areas of religious liberty, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family issues.
Churches wishing to access these resources and services are encouraged to become members of the ADF Church Alliance. Congregations that join the ADF Church Alliance have access to the following:
- Legal review of church bylaws and policies that relate to protecting religious liberty.
- Direct access to attorneys to answer questions regarding the protection of the church’s religious liberty.
- Consultation for legal issues regarding religious liberty.
- Legal representation in cases involving religious liberty as they pertain to employment, land use, tax exemption, church member discipline/removal, facility use, volunteer requirements, equal access to government property, clergy confidentiality and more.
- Resources and training focused on protecting the religious liberty of the church.
“The BSCNC partnership with ADF opens a myriad of resources to churches at a greatly reduced cost,” said Brian Davis, BSCNC associate executive director-treasurer. “ADF uses a sliding scale to help congregations with the smallest budgets access the same great legal counsel, resources and services previously only available to churches with larger budgets.”
The ADF Church Alliance membership fee is based upon a sliding scale using a church’s average weekly attendance. For example, the subscription fee for a church with attendance up to 150 is $25 per month or a $250 single annual payment.
For more information and to apply for membership in the ADF Church Alliance, visit www.adfchurchalliance.org/partners/north-carolina-baptists. Enter the special promo code found on the page for an additional discount as a BSCNC cooperating church.
In addition, church plants qualify for a special membership rate in the ADF Church Alliance of only $100 per year for the first year. For more information and to apply for membership in the ADF Church Alliance as a church plant, visit www.adfchurchalliance.org/cp and enter the promo code: ChurchPlant.
Questions about the BSCNC partnership with ADF may be directed to Brian Davis at [email protected] or 1-800-395-5102 ext. 5506.
by BSCNC Communications / Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
Stay connected by signing up for the N.C. Baptist monthly newsletter.