The 1% Challenge encourages churches to increase their Cooperative Program giving by 1%, which would help produce $6 million in additional funds for North Carolina missions and ministry, and $100 million nationwide for missions and seminaries.
What could North Carolina Baptists do with $6 million in additional funds?
- $3.9 million for North Carolina ministries, $2.1 million additional for the Southern Baptist Convention each year
- The International Mission Board could send out 21 more missionaries every year to engage 21 more unreached people groups every year
- The North American Mission Board would receive $478,000 in additional funding for church planting each year
- Our six Southern Baptist seminaries could train 71 more pastors, missionaries and leaders every year
- Our Baptist State Convention’s church planting team could support 26 additional church planters and help start 26 additional new churches each year across our state
- Fruitland Baptist Bible College could train 41 more future pastors and church leaders
- Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina could provide 155 children with a safe home, daily care and dedicated houseparents
- A 1% increase would make a huge difference each year across North Carolina, all across the United States and around the world
- A 1% increase would enable North Carolina Baptists to make a true global missions advances
Will you accept the 1% Challenge in your church?
Get the latest news and event information by signing up for the N.C. Baptist newsletter.