July 22 – Aug. 14
4 sessions — 3 virtual & 1 live at 1324 The Plaza, Charlotte, N.C.
English as a second language (ESL) classes are a great way to meet a need among internationals in our communities while providing a foundation for friendship and gospel proclamation. This training is for individuals who want to be equipped to teach ESL to impact lostness in their community.
Training dates and times
The class will be offered over three virtual sessions, followed by one in-person gathering. The Zoom link for the virtual sessions will be provided to registrants after registration.
- Thursday, July 22 • 6 – 8 p.m. (Virtual Meeting)
- Thursday, July 29 • 6 – 8 p.m. (Virtual Meeting)
- Thursday, Aug. 5 • 6 – 8 p.m. (Virtual Meeting)
- Saturday, Aug. 14 • 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (In-Person Meeting)
- In-Person Meeting location: Metrolina Baptist Association Building, 1324 The Plaza, Charlotte, N.C. 28205 (map)
The training will cover material from the TELL Manual, an ESL manual provided by the North American Mission Board. The manual can be downloaded for free as a PDF here. To order a physical copy through FedEx, please visit here. Note: Please order the version titled, “2019 – The Good News” which is offered as either a binder or coil-bound booklet. It is normally cheaper to purchase through FedEx than self-printing.
Registration is $40, which helps offset the in-person gathering expenses.
- I’m not able to attend all four sessions, but am interested in attending what I can. Is that okay?
To receive a certificate of completion, attendees are expected to attend all four sessions. However, you’re welcome to attend the sessions that you’re able. Missed sessions can be made up in future trainings if a certificate is desired or needed.
- Will the in-person training follow COVID-19 protocols?
Yes, we will monitor the situation and be sure to follow guidelines for face coverings, social distancing and other precautions. Thankfully the building size will accommodate such needs.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Please note that in-person attendees at this event must abide by any COVID-19 safety measures in place. Please review the Caraway Conference Center guidelines here.
Stay connected by signing up for our monthly newsletter and events email.