Milton A. Hollifield Jr., who has served as executive director-treasurer since April 2006, announced his retirement effective Feb. 28, 2021. This page will provide updates on the search for a new executive director-treasurer.
Duties of the Executive Director-Treasurer
The executive director-treasurer serves as the chief executive officer of the convention, the chief professional adviser of the convention, the board of directors and its committees, and one of the denomination’s spiritual leaders, providing statewide guidance and inspiration.
On Thursday, July 16, Board of Directors’ President Melanie Wallance named a nine-member search committee that has been charged with recommending the next executive director-treasurer. Please pray for the committee and its members as they conduct their work. Members of the committee are:
• Noah Crowe (committee chairman), intentional interim pastor of Peachtree Memorial Baptist Church in Murphy.
• Allan Blume, transitional interim pastor of Pittsboro Baptist Church in Pittsboro and member of First Baptist Church of Cary.
• Quintell Hill, pastor of Multiply Church in Monroe.
• Andrew Hopper, lead pastor of Mercy Hill Church in Greensboro.
• Jarrod Scott, pastor of Green Pines Baptist Church in Knightdale.
• Michael Sowers, pastor of First Baptist Church of Buies Creek.
• Jennifer Thoppil, member of Salem Baptist Church in Dobson.
• Don Warren, member of Parkwood Baptist Church in Gastonia.
• Beth Wooten, pastor’s wife and member of Beulaville Baptist Church in Beulaville.
Make a Recommendation
North Carolina Baptists and others are strongly encouraged to submit recommendations for the next executive director-treasurer by email at [email protected]. The committee is requiring that all recommendations be submitted through that email address. The deadline for submissions is Sept. 30.
“By God’s grace, we will become the strongest force in the history of this convention for reaching people with the message of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Milton A. Hollifield Jr.
Stay connected by signing up for the N.C. Baptist monthly newsletter.