Team Leader Assistant – Help Desk
Position Title: Team Leader Assistant – Help Desk, Information Technology & Services Team
Position Type: Full-time
Organizational Unit: Administration/
Recruited by: Information Technology & Services Team
Recommended by: Information Technology & Services Team and Executive Director–Treasurer
Approved by: Executive Director–Treasurer
Salary Plan: Scale set by Executive Committee
Reports to: Information Technology & Services Team
Works cooperatively with:Board of Directors, Committees, Institutions, Agencies, Associations, and Churches of the BSCNC
Serves as the contact person for Information Technology & Services Team as it relates to Convention staff, churches, and associations to provide the coordination of questions and needs that arise in the equipment and software we provide and service.
- Helps users in person and over the phone get connected to an Information Technology & Services team member to help resolve the software or hardware problems.
- Help coordinate for the Information Technology & Services team those that need help and keep track of the needs.
- Handles administrative and clerical tasks for the Information Technology & Services Team.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Provide assistance to staff coordinating software and hardware needs.
- Provide basic support for Google Apps.
- Manage Google Calendar rights for all staff.
- Manages all training room reservations through Google Calendar.
- Willing to be trained in areas of organizational software needs.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Information Technology & Services Team.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of morale and in establishing a climate for effective cooperation and coordination with other functional teams to achieve the Convention mission.
Knowledge and Skills for the Position
- Must have a friendly and courteous disposition when answering the Help Desk phones.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must have a working knowledge of Google Apps products.
- Must be able to manage the Equipment Database for inventory through Access.
- Must be able to manage the checkout equipment inventory through Google Calendar.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and readjust as needed.
- Must be a learner who knows how to apply knowledge to the effective functioning of denominational organizations.
- Must be able to exhibit strategic, administrative, and organizational skills congruent with expectations of the job.
- Must have relational skills in working with multiple staff persons, groups, and agencies.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel in effective oral, written, and digital communications.
- Must show the ability to follow faithfully and loyally the direction of the Information Technology & Services Team Leader.
- Must be committed to NC Baptists, and show an ability to relate to the full diversity of Baptists affiliated with BSCNC.
- Must demonstrate a Christian character and faithful churchmanship through a congregation affiliated withe the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina.
- Assist with the SBC Database for the churches.
- Budget Responsibilities: Review monthly budget reports, provide summary to Team Leader, and distribute to consultants.
- Education Requirement: Applicant must have high school diploma; college is highly desirable.
- Work Experience: Applicant must have at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Total number of positions supervised: None.
Interested applicants must complete the application process. No Phone Calls Please.
Get the latest news and event information by signing up for the N.C. Baptist newsletter.