This Sunday, April 24, N.C. Baptists are invited to join churches across the country in celebrating professions of faith and encouraging believers to take a step of obedience by getting baptized. Baptism Sunday is a day for churches to celebrate baptisms as a response to evangelism.
Last year, many N.C. Baptists publicly professed their faith in Christ as part of the “Fill the Tank” emphasis held in conjunction with Baptism Sunday, which was observed Sept. 12. More than 320 churches reported over 1,700 baptisms across the state.
As you prepare to celebrate baptisms this weekend, here are a few things to pray for.
- Pray for people’s hearts to be receptive to the gospel. (Luke 8:5-12)
- Pray for boldness and confidence to share the gospel. (Acts 4:29-31)
- Pray that people would hear the gospel and respond in faith and obedience on Baptism Sunday. (Acts 2:37-41)
- Pray for people who have already trusted in Christ to be obedient to be baptized on Baptism Sunday. (Rom. 6:1-4)
- Pray that the Lord would use Baptism Sunday to be a catalyst for more people to be saved in the days ahead. (Acts 2:41)
Click here for resources on how to plan a Baptism Sunday service. Share your stories online by using the #FilltheTank or #FilltheTankNC hashtags and tagging @ncbaptist.
by NC Baptist Communications