North Carolina Baptists will have numerous opportunities to celebrate stories of being on mission together at this year’s annual meeting on Nov. 7-8.
North Carolina Baptists will have numerous opportunities to celebrate stories of being on mission together at this year’s annual meeting on Nov. 7-8. Throughout the lobby and Guilford Exhibit Hall in the Koury Convention Center, messengers and guests can interact with story kiosks as part of a new “Storywalk” feature — and share their own stories.
Featured stories highlight God’s work in and through N.C. Baptist churches, associations and individuals across the state as they partner together in obedience to Christ and in service to those around them. The Storywalk will cover different ministry areas including college discipleship, adoption and foster care, pro-life initiatives, missions giving, church planting, church revitalization and more.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 7, annual meeting attendees can visit kiosks located throughout the convention center to watch the stories on video or sign up to receive a list of links to online articles. On Tuesday, N.C. Baptists featured in the stories will be in the Guilford Exhibit Hall at different times to engage with guests and messengers in person.
The Storywalk’s live aspect will provide N.C. Baptists opportunities to directly connect with each other to celebrate what God is doing throughout the state and to find ways to continue to serve and mobilize on mission together.
In addition to hearing stories, N.C. Baptists can also share their own testimonies of how they have seen God move through their local churches, associations and communities. In the exhibit hall, attendees can visit the “Tell Your Story” station, where they can record their stories on video. As a free resource for churches, they will receive a short, produced video that they can then distribute and use for worship services, social media and other forms of communication.
Consider these prompts to prepare to tell your story:
- In what new ways did your church mobilize for missions this year?
- How did you partner with another church, association or ministry to serve your community?
- Where were your members sent?
- How did you see God bring new life into your community?
To help you plan for your time at annual meeting, check out the schedule for meeting Storywalk guests in person:
Tuesday, Nov. 8
9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Pandemic miracle: Planter shares survival and salvation
- Young pros find new life outside of party scene
- Generosity: An increase for the mission
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Harnett County Sundae School: Churches on mission together
- Resurrection on the Plaza: Church revitalized
1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Identity crisis to an identity in Christ
- Choosing life after redemption
- Strategically Small: A church’s heart to send
3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Baptists on Mission: Kentucky
- Every Child: The Norketts’ foster journey
- Coaching church planters for growing cities
by N.C. Baptist communications