Insurance products are available through GuideStone Financial Resources, an agency of the Southern Baptist Convention.
The Baptist State Convention of North Carolina (BSCNC) does not offer insurance products to employees of affiliated churches, but the convention serves as a liaison to GuideStone Financial Resources, which offers a variety of insurance products.
Those products include medical, term life, disability, dental, accidental death/dismemberment and accident insurance. For churches with two to four paid employees, GuideStone offers micro plans. For churches with five to nine paid employees, GuideStone offers group employee benefit packages. For churches with 10 or more paid employees, GuideStone offers group plans.
Most BSCNC churches have fewer than 10 employees, therefore employees of these churches are eligible for personal plan coverage if the following requirements are met:
- You are a paid employee of a church
- You work 20 or more hours per week
- The employee must have coverage in order for a dependent to also be covered on a GuideStone plan
- You provide evidence of good health for yourself and all family members requesting coverage
- Learn more
The following links are for specific insurance products offered by GuideStone Financial Resources.
- Comprehensive plans highlights include copays for doctor’s visits, various co-insurance levels and access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueCard® PPO network
- Protection plans — For healthy, budget-conscious individuals seeking protection from catastrophic claims
- Consumer-Driven Plans like the Health Saver 2800 Plan — An HSA-qualified high-deductible health plan for those looking to save for healthcare using a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Term Life — Available for employees, their spouses and children
Disability — Three long-term and three short-term disability options
Dental — Three dental plan options
Accident — Available to employees and spouses
Frequently Asked Questions — Answers to insurance products
Group Plans — Churches with five or more employees may request a group plan analysis by a GuideStone Financial Resources representative by calling 1-888-984-8433
Retiree Plans — Options to help Medicare-eligible seniors minimize their out-of-pocket health care expenses
5005 Lyndon B. Johnson Fwy #2200
Dallas, TX 75244