The Board of Directors conducts business for the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina between annual meetings of the convention.
Board members are elected by the messengers to represent 10 geographic regions across the state. The board typically meets three times per year and provides general oversight of the programs and ministries of the convention. Nominations for the board are submitted to the committee on nominations for consideration.
Qualifications and considerations for the Board of Directors
- Should be an active member of a cooperating N.C. Baptist church
- Elected to serve a four-year term
- Only one board member may serve from any given church at one time
- Representation from churches of various sizes and locations
- A variety of professional and educational backgrounds
- A cross-section of age groups
- Both laypersons and ministers
The Board is organized into committees and Special committees to assist in the planning and implementing of the work of the convention as charged to the board and defined by the convention’s bylaws. Following is a list of 2023 board committees and board special committees.
Ministry Strategies Committee
Mission Catalysts Committee
Board Special Committees:
Articles and Bylaws Special Committee
Budget Special Committee
Christian Life and Public Affairs Special Committee
Convention Relations Special Committee
Operations Special Committee
In addition to current board members, the five special committees also include non-board members. These individuals are selected from cooperating North Carolina Baptist churches and have knowledge and expertise that is directly related to the work of the special committee.